Park And Charge Your Car.
We have over 30 electric vehicle charging stations at our UParks around the city.
You can find them at:
- UPark Rundle Street – 11 x 22kW charging points (including 1 accessibility bay)
- UPark Central Market – 11 x 22kW charging points (including 1 accessibility bay)
- UPark Wyatt Street – 4 x 22kW charging points (Contact UPark to secure a Permanent Reserve EV bay)
- UPark Topham Mall – 4 x 22kW charging points (Contact UPark to secure a Permanent Reserve EV bay)
- UPark Grote Street – 2 x 15-Amp EV power points
BYO cable: To use our 22kW fast chargers, you will need to bring your own cable with a Type 2 (Mennekes) plug.
The UPark Grote Street 2 x 15-Amp EV power points are available for vehicles that use a cable with a conventional wall plug (AU/NZ).
Payment: At UPark Central Market you can pay using your debit or credit card or the Chargefox App. Download the Chargefox App to your mobile phone, register as a customer, plug in and power up. The Chargefox App is available for download through Google Play and App Store. Instructions for use can be found on the EV charging stations.
Normal UPark parking rates apply, however the first hour of EV charging is free.
Over 1 hour:
• $0.20 per kWh (6am – 6pm Mon – Fri)
• $0.10 per kWh (at all other times)
• Note: Charging at UPark Grote is free
A minimum fee of $1 applies after the first hour.
About UPark EV Parking System
The City of Adelaide EV parking system at UPark Central Market and UPark Rundle Street helps with the sharing of car parks in peak times. It combines occupancy sensors and overhead indicator lights that match electric vehicle parking space availability to demand in periods of high car park usage.
A red light will indicate the space is occupied, an orange light will indicate a space for an electric vehicle only and a green light will indicate a space available for all vehicles.